Analyst – Retail
Salary£38,130- £47,662 p.a. plus excellent benefits in a welcoming, family-friendly working environment.
Period of appointment1 x Permanent, full time. 1 x 15 month fixed term, full time.
Working within the Retail and Consumer Protection directorate, you will provide written and numerical analysis and policy advice relating to the regulation of the energy retail sector (both electricity and gas). You will work across a variety of functions within a team-based environment and contribute to the delivery of Utility Regulator aims and objectives by analysing and advising on issues relating to the regulation of the energy retail sector.
Experience in the regulated energy sector and/or in utility regulation will also be valuable. The roles are well suited to persons with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills paired with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience which demonstrates your ability to analyse complex numerical and written/ or qualitative information from a wide variety of sources in a complex environment to include: challenging assumptions contained within the written/qualitative information; and converting the results of your analysis into reports that provide recommendations and/or advice to senior management on commercial/business or policy objectives.
- Proven experience that demonstrates ability to build trusted relationships with a variety of stakeholders in circumstances which includes competing priorities.
- Proven experience that demonstrates project management skills, with a high degree of individual responsibility for delivery of objectives.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven track record of working to tight deadlines and prioritising with a within a busy environment.
- Proven experience that demonstrates excellent team working, interpersonal communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing Monday 24 June 2019 in Queens House, Belfast.
Further information on the Utility Regulator can be found on www.uregni.gov.uk
The Utility Regulator is an Equal Opportunities Employer.