Analysts – Networks and Retail
SalarySalary range £38,130- £47,662 p.a. plus excellent benefits in a welcoming, family-friendly working environment
Period of appointmentFixed term (up to 12 months maternity cover), full time
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Working within the Networks or Retail directorate you will provide analysis and policy advice relating to the regulation of the electricity, gas and water sectors. You will work within a team-based environment and contribute to the delivery of Utility Regulator aims and objectives in these sectors. Reporting to a Manager within the Networks or Retail Directorate, the initial focus of the role, will be appraisal and assessment of regulated company proposals and associated outcomes. You will also assist in business planning and the development of policy in respect of regulated industries.
Your work will include engagement with consumers, consumer representatives, government, regulated industries and regulators at both operational and corporate level. You will also assimilate complex information, formulate policy recommendations and present these to external stakeholders.
Working within the Networks directorate there will an expectation to learn and apply new skills relevant to the regulation of the energy and water sectors and future development and delivery of the role.
These roles are well suited to persons with strong, numerical, analytical, financial and policy advice skills.
- Financial and/or analytical experience in a complex business or relevant industry.*
- Proven ability to analyse written and numerical information from a wide variety of sources in a complex business or regulatory environment relevant to the strategic and operational areas of the key tasks.
- Proven experience of making decisions based on sound analysis of complex and /or conflicting information and perspectives.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven track record of working to tight deadlines and with a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Proven experience of using sound analysis to constructively evaluate and challenge an external stakeholder’s point of view on complex issues while still managing to develop and maintain a constructive working relationship.
*Relevant industry: energy or water sector or working in regulation.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 7 October 2019 in Queens House, Belfast.
Further information on the Utility Regulator can be found on our website.
The Utility Regulator is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
A full pack can be downloaded below.