Consultation on SONI’s request to defer the start of their next price control
Today we are publishing a consultation on SONI’s (System Operator for Northern Ireland) request to delay the end date of the current price control by one year. The current price control spans the period 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2025.
This one-year deferral will allow SONI time to appoint a new board, in accordance with the new licence condition Section 42 (Part A) and to implement a new medium-term strategy which will underpin their business plan submission.
Should we agree to SONI’s request to defer the start date of the new price control, we will undertake a separate consultation on the methodology to deal with the interim year.
Further information on the consultation and how to respond, can be found below.
Ways to respond;
- Copies of all documents will be made available in large print, Braille, audio cassette and a variety of relevant minority languages if required.
- Your response may be made public by the Utility Regulator. If you do not want all or part of your response or name made public, please state this clearly in the response by marking your response as ‘CONFIDENTIAL’.
- If you want other information that you provide to be treated as confidential, please be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, there is a statutory Code of Practice with which public authorities must comply and which deals, amongst other things, with obligations of confidence. In view of this, it would be helpful if you could explain to us why you regard the information you have provided as confidential.
- Information provided in response to this consultation, including personal information, may be subject to publication or disclosure in accordance with the access to information regimes (these are primarily the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- As stated in the GDPR Privacy Statement for consumers and stakeholders, any personal data contained within your response will be deleted once the matter being consulted on has been concluded though the substance of the response may be retained.