On 3 December 2009, the Utility Regulator published a consultation paper in order to:
* Set out its initial thoughts on the type of issues and factors the Authority believes will or should inform its decision making process in relation to the Generating Unit Agreements (“GUAs”) in place between PPB and certain generators; and
* Obtain the views of market participants and interested parties.
Nine non-confidential responses to this consultation were received, and can be viewed below. Following consideration of the all responses to this consultation, having undertaken detailed economic analysis and sensitivity analysis into the financial position of the GUAs and after considering all relevant policy considerations, the Authority publishes a Second Consultation on Cancellation of Generating Unit Agreements in Northern Ireland
It should be noted that a minor amendment was made to Section 7 of this paper on 31 March 2010 to add clarity around the figures provided therein. The rest of the paper remains the same.
Interested parties are invited to respond to any issues discussed or any aspect of the proposals put forward in this Consultation Paper – which should be addressed (preferably via email) to Paul Bell at email@example.com and copied to Kenny Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00hrs on 26 April 2010.
Non Confidential Responses:
* Response from AES Kilroot
* Response from Consumer Council
* Response from ESBCS
* Response from ESB International
* Response from IWEA
* Response from NIE
* Response from NIE Energy Supply
* Response from SONI
* Response from SSE