Are you interested in joining the Renewables Grid Liaison Group (RGLG)? The renewables sector is developing rapidly and in order to ensure the group has representation from the latest entrants into this market, we are now seeking expressions of interest for new members.
The RGLG was set-up in 2012 in response to the Executive’s 40% renewable energy target to facilitate a coordinated response from the electricity industry. The group includes representatives from the Utility Regulator, SONI Ltd, NIE Networks and the renewable generation sector.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Discuss and facilitate progress in the development of Northern Ireland’s electricity grid and renewable connections in order to achieve the 40% renewable target;
- Help ensure there is effective communication and progress on generation connections and related policy implementation;
- Share relevant information and provide updates on progress in respect of all matters relating to the issues under consideration;
- Communicate, as required, with other stakeholders to address the issues under consideration by the group; and
- Identify and act upon other issues that the group considers merits consideration and prioritise as appropriate.
The group is not a forum for resolving matters which relate to specific renewable projects. Albeit individual projects may inevitably be referred to for illustrative purposes only. A copy of the full terms of reference for the group can be found using this link: RGLG Terms of Reference
If you would like to express an interest in becoming a member, please contact:
Ciaran MacCann, Utility Regulator, Queens House, 14 Queen Street, Belfast BT1 6ED or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 5.00pm on 1 June 2018. Following this, we will carry out a review of the interest received and discuss membership with the current RGLG members.