Period of appointment
Come and join us and help protect Northern Ireland’s energy and water consumers and support Government in delivering a low carbon future
The Utility Regulator is seeking to appoint a permanent Receptionist (Estates, IT and Records) Officer
The Utility Regulator exists to protect today and tomorrow’s energy and water consumers. There has never been a better time to join us.
This recruitment is focused on the appointment of a Receptionist (Estates, IT and Records) Officer. You will proactively provide a professional reception facility and an efficient and customer focused public interface for the Utility Regulator (UR). You will work closely with the Estates, IT and Records team, Finance team and HR team, carrying out administrative duties including document and diary management, ordering of supplies, associated facilities duties and inputting invoices. These require a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge. You will provide effective support within a team-based environment and contribute to the delivery of Utility Regulator aims and objectives.
The Utility Regulator offers excellent benefits including a competitive salary and Northern Ireland Civil Service pension arrangements, within a welcoming, family-friendly organisation.
Closing date: 2pm, Monday 6th February 2023.
Salary: £25,211- £30,493 per annum
Pension: Northern Ireland Civil Service pension arrangements
Contract: Permanent- 37 Hours per week (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
Location: Queens House Belfast (office based)
Holidays: 25 days (rising to 30 days), plus 12 p&p days
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in the provision of high-quality reception or front of house services including evidence of working effectively dealing with challenging calls.
- Experience of providing administrative support including working within deadlines and communicating effectively within a team, in a busy office environment.
- Proven experience and proficient use of telephone switch board, office IT applications to include Outlook, MS word, Excel.
- Experience of collaborative working and ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to positively demonstrate by examples, an understanding of and commitment to further workplace values that align to those of the Utility Regulator.
Assessment and Interviews are anticipated week commencing 20 February 2023.
The Utility Regulator is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer. As people with a disability, people from ethnic minority communities and women are currently under represented in UR we would particularly welcome applications from these groups.