2010-11 Forward Work Plan Published
The Forward Work Programme (FWP) for 2010-11 has been published today. The Utility Regulator has a statutory duty to publish the FWP before the commencement of the financial year.
In advance of publication, we carried out a 12 week consultation with stakeholders (which included a workshop session held in mid December 2009). The 19 consultation responses received were considered in the compilation of the final FWP.
The FWP sets out the projects which we intend to undertake in the forthcoming year. Several priority workstreams are identified under each directorate, and associated to our strategic priorities:
- protecting consumers by ensuring utility monopolies act efficiently;
- environmental sustainability and security of supply;
- protecting vulnerable consumers;
- boosting competition in wholesale and retail sectors;
- harmonising energy markets and use of infrastructure; and
- evolving our regulatory framework and own organisational development.
Performance against the targets outlined in the FWP will be set out in the Utility Regulator’s Annual Report 2010-11.
The FWP can be viewed here or alternatively a paper copy can be obtained from Elena Ardines (email@example.com), Utility Regulator, Queens House, 14 Queen Street, Belfast, BT1 6ED. Copies of the document will be made available in large print, Braille, audio cassette and a variety of relevant minority languages if required.
Response to the FWP are available by clicking the links below.